Full-Time PROGRAM MANAGER, RN
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our valued client is currently seeking a:
PROGRAM MANAGER, RN
- Pickering, ON
Our valued client is a C.A.R.F. accredited provider of high quality residential care to medically fragile and developmentally delayed children and young adults.
Through the efforts of excellent staff, they have cared for hundreds of children in residential group homes from Toronto to Peterborough. They have earned an excellent reputation in the long term care field and are well known to all the major agencies of the province. They work hard to continue providing high quality care for residents and very good workplaces for staff in Pickering and Peterborough.
Manage and support Supervisors in the operation of residential and day programs according to licencing and accreditation requirements including:
- Ensure programming, recreational activities, quality of care, routine medical care of children and general house life are properly maintained
- Working collaboratively with the management team, takes the lead in the coordination and implementation of best practice and risk management initiatives related to client care (medication administration, infection control, falls)
- Accountable for the management of emergency or disaster situations, to ensure continuous safe operations
Coordinate and direct all aspects of the medical care of clients including:
- Liaise with doctors and specialists, and coordinate medical appointments to ensure medical needs of all children are met in a timely manner
- Provide support and guidance to Supervisors on all aspects of client service and care
- Ensure homes are properly equipped and stocked and that medical equipment is available in good repair
- Manage staff direct care and medication training and keep records according to policy
- Coordinate and administer influenza vaccinations for all residents
- Manage Infection Control Plan
- Maintaining an active presence in the Pickering Residences, training and mentoring staff and Supervisors while overseeing the provision of quality resident care
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN in good standing with 5 or more years of nursing practice experience
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Experience supervising or acting as a resource nurse to unregulated care providers (PSWs)
- Other related management experience in a health services environment
- Excellent understanding of infection control in a residential or long term care setting
- Demonstrated ability to assess client care needs and access appropriate treatment resources
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, current nursing and healthcare practices
- Maintain a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and provide own transportation
- Working knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act as it relates to children in care is a definite asset
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of challenges of running a 24/7 operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to work positively and respectfully with people from diverse ethnic, cultural, religious and economic backgrounds
- Availability for On Call (shared responsibility)
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention certified (or can become certified)
- Standard Child and Infant CPR and First Aid
- Competitive total compensation package including mileage, excellent benefits package and flexible working hours.
How to Apply
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1.855.305.4078 ext. 205
We welcome referrals and pay referral bonuses!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
809 total views, 1 today